Working within the Information Department of Network Rail, providing support across a wide range of cross functional applications used to maintain the infrastructure of the railway.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very good company to work for, interesting roles and focused on development.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was quickly accepted into my team and found my colleagues very friendly and easy to work with in apart of a team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support and guidance was provided at a high level. this included monthly check in meetings to discuss progress and objectives.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work load was quite heavy and repetitive at times, but over all it was interesting and varied.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The amount of responsibility given was totally dependent on the important of the role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learnt are very useful as a business studies student, I have a much better understanding of how the theory applied to practice.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a fun and friendly place to be in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised considering it was the first year of a new programme.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The placement was focussed on development, training and away days were provided.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been offered a conditional place on the IM graduate programme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I have made some great friends!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive, I have spent more than I have earnt this year however I do have an amazing flat to compensate and Disney do pay more than alot of companies.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not so good, a few bars and clubs but not my taste.However, central London is very very accessible and buses run 24hours a day so I can't complain. Plus, who wants to socailise near work when you have been there all day/week.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I was involved in a number of after work opportunity - five a side football - snooker tournaments - sports days.