Vac Scheme Student at Linklaters

Wakefield Central London and City
Legal/Law

8.9/10

I spent 3 weeks at the firm, working in 2 departments. I ended the scheme with an interview for a training contract.

The work was interesting, the people were very friendly and easy to talk to, and I felt that the vac scheme offered a great mix of socials and work. I made really good friends among the other students, and it has really cemented my enthusiasm for a training contract at the firm

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I felt valued within my departments. As far as possible we were given genuine work that formed part of ongoing deals. I felt that I got on well with my principals and was able to integrate easily into the departments. Occasionally we were given research tasks that weren't actually needed/urgent, and that was the least fulfilling element, but generally we were given more responsibility than I expected.

The graduate recruitment team were always really friendly and helpful, and my trainee buddy, especially in Corporate, was always there to chat with more informally

Commercial awareness and an understanding of the firm and its strategy were very valuable insights.

It was sometimes repetitious but mostly gave a very thorough overview of the legal market, the challenges faced by Linklaters and the skills involved in pitching, working with clients and networking more generally

Great. The scheme was never over competitive, which was perfect.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

It was clear that Linklaters values its graduate recruitment process, and sees it as integral to the firm. They obviously put a lot of time, money and effort into the scheme and I really valued the fact that Simon Davies and a number of partners were involved.

I think the whole process was very transparent and up front. Linklaters seemed to see no point in trying to hide the honest picture of working at the firm.

As above, it felt like a very honest picture of the firm, and I had very frank conversations with associates and trainees about life at the firm - its highs and lows.

The vacation scheme affirmed my interest in working at Linklaters

I met lots of other lawyers, from various departments and all levels of the firm.

The socials and networking opportunities were varied and enjoyable. London Eye was great, as was the Taxi Cab Treasure Hunt, and the dinner at Sketch was a brilliant (and unique) experience.

Yes, we heard about pro bono opportunities that I would be keen to be involved with, and we also had the networks lunch.

A very well balanced vac scheme