Vacation Scheme Student at Linklaters

Banking/Finance

9.4/10

I hugely enjoyed it.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

I felt as though the work I completed during the vacation scheme was valued by my supervisors.

I was in regular contact with my 'trainee buddy' during both seats of the scheme.

The skills and experience will be enormously valuable for pursuing a career in law.

Logically structured to offer an insight into a variety of departments and aspects to working life at the firm.

An enjoyable mix of work and social events. There was a positive atmosphere; I enjoyed being around and working with intelligent and motivated peers.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Linklaters

We were treated as members of the team and there was investment in our training accordingly.

I met, spoke to and spent time with a number of employees so now feel I understand (as much as possible at this stage) what it would be like to work at Linklaters, particularly as a trainee.

The talks on strategy were useful for understanding the high-performing, forward-looking approach of the firm. Nevertheless, it was meeting people and seeing how the groups work on a day-to-day basis which offered the best insight into the company's culture.

I was paid weekly. A large number of meals were also provided for throughout the scheme, with the Graduate Recruitment events and department events.

Plenty.

Enjoyable and varied.

Yes, there was a 'networks lunch' with information on the different networks within the firm eg. a cycling network. There was no specific talk on CSR and pro bono work, but the firm's work in Hackney was mentioned several times.

Yes, definitely.