8.2/10

204 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else
  2. I really enojyed my week with Shoosmiths, although I feel that the assessments that were set meant that I had less time to contribute towards the cases and deals the department were currently working on.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I would have liked to have the opportunity to stay an extra week to meet more people. By the end of the week I felt very comfortable with everyone and it is a shame I had only a week with the firm.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. My host Dani Kenyon could not have been more supportive, and I received emails and calls throughout my week by the graduate recruitment team and HR to make sure I was settled in.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. I developed my legal research skills when carrying out the assessed tasks and experienced how to professionally deal with cleints. I mainly realised that Shoosmiths is the firm which will fully support me in my training.

10. The assessments meant that I was never without work to do. I had various deadlines to meet which kept me busy.

12. The office is a very relaxed and supportive place to work.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. I was fully supported by the staff in my department throughout the week, although the tasks set required a lot of independent work.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. The trainees were very helpful and gave an insight into the application process, training and work environment.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. The firm is very supportive, friendly and approachable.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?

20. 9/10

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I was paid £250 for the week.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. The open plan office meant I could meet staff from other departments.

26. We were taken out for a meal with the trainees and sat with them over lunch, but it would have been nice to get involved with their corporate responsibility events and/or go for casual drinks after our first day to get to know everyone a little quicker.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. I believe they occasionally go for a few drinks on a Friday and are very keen to get involved with sporting events to raise money for charity.

30. Absolutely.