- Support wider marketing team in ad-hoc creative projects
- Regular admin duties
- Liaise with agencies and retailers to fulfill their creative needs
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have had the most amazing year at Warner, I have loved every day working here!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Throughout my placement I have felt valued, I feel like I am consistently recognized for the contribution I made to the projects I worked on. I was nominated for employee of the quarter by my colleagues so that definitely made me feel valued!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
In our department there is so much support, I was guided throughout the year by my manager and encouraged to always ask questions. Everyone in the team is really helpful and supportive and always willing to give guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy, but in a good way. Sometimes it was stressful as at times I felt a little overwhelmed (especially at the start) but the team were very supportive and helped me out when I needed it. The Creative Services department is extremely fast paced but that's what makes it exciting and gives variety. You won't get bored in this job!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility, I managed a new release film campaign with very little support from my Manager and managed other campaigns entirely on my own. If you prove yourself then you are definitely given lots of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I attended various intern training sessions throughout the year as part of the intern program at WB such as presentation skills and communication skills, these applied a number of the theories we learnt about at Uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is amazing, there is a real work hard/play hard culture! We have a lot of fun and the whole team is really sociable and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The intern program is very well established and with more than 30 interns taken on at WB each year everything is very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As mentioned before we received regular training from HR throughout the year, we also have the option of attending an IT course for free.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are lots of previous interns who have come back to Warner, including more than 5 on our floor alone. You also work closely with a lot of agencies throughout the year so there are good prospects for working elsewhere in the industry.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had an amazing social scene. We often socialised as a team for birthdays and sometimes go for drinks after work. There are also lots of work events and some nights out with agencies which mean you get to go to some awesome places in London that you probably wouldn't otherwise go to. Having such a large group of interns also means that there is always something going on and someone to go out with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is very expensive as most people know however it is worth it as the experience is fantastic! The internship is quite well paid so this helps. I would recommend taking out your student loan for your placement year though if you can, as you will probably need it!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area where we worked has a lot of businesses in it so there are lots of pubs and bars to go to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Our team would often send around emails for events we think would be good to go to, we recently went to Underground Rebel Bingo in Shoreditch which was a great night out.