Technical Account Manager at Microsoft

Scotland

10.0/10

A Technical Account Manager is a trusted business advisor to Premier Support customers of Microsoft, providing valuable guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure. I am required to solve anything expected and unexpected working with Customer Service and Support colleagues and manage an incident through resolution. Develop technical depth by ensuring product improvement with Microsoft or operational support with the customer’s IT environment. Partnering by maintaining a long-term relationship with customers a Technical Account Manager gains an understanding of the customer’s IT organization’s impact on overall business, their IT goals and pain points.

Not only did I learn a lot from my placement, I fel as though it gave me a real insight into what working in IT would be like. It has given me a great deal of experience that will stay with me forever.

I was treated as one of the team and not just an "intern"...it was as if I was a full time eployee which helped a lot.

Every day I was given guidance, if I was stuck on something all I had to do was ask my team. Monthly one to ones are carried out and progress is monitored.

Very. Day to day work is never quiet, there is always loads to do - in a good way. I never felt like I couldnt handle it, but my manager always made sure of this.

A lot. Handling Microsoft's customers (HBOS, RBS etc) was out of this world. Excellent again for experience and an awesome insight into IT.

The skills I have learned here are pricless. It has taught me so much about the IT industry standards and what requirements you need for a job like this.

The office was excellent. Free water, milke, tea, coffee, fizzy juice etc and people are always up for a laugh.

Very well. There was an induction week which explained everything in Reading at the head office. I was very impressed.

Highly. The ITIL foundation coarse was given for free as well as three Microsoft qualifications. Other test/exams could be taken all mostly free of charge.

Very high. Microsoft is a great company to work for, I would love to work for them full time in the future.

There wer several clubs and societies...many free to join and take part in. Also going out for drinks, catching movies or shows was always on the agenda within the team.

As I live in Scotland everything is pretty cheap. So no gripes there.

The fringe festival provided great entertainment, there are also LOADS of pubs and clubs as it is in Edinburgh city centre.

There were even activities at the weekend. My team were very sociable!