Events co-ordinator at Intel Corporation

Swindon South West
Administration/Secretarial Logistics and Operations Marketing

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

8.8/10

My role is split between two main areas. The smaller role involves supporting the Premier manager with administration of the elite tier of the membership scheme. The larger part of my role entails supporting over 100 events throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa for channel customers.

My manager and I co-own the largest event which costs over $3m. This year it was held in Dubai and my main responsibilities were coordinating meetings with agencies and stakeholders, overseeing registration approval and organising the gala dinner - a beach party.

I have also been involved in many charity events such as a golf day and large scale car wash for different causes. Intel support commitments to charity and my manager was always happy to allow me to get involved in projects I was interested in.

I was unsure about whether to even do a placement and now I have completed the year, I have found it to be invaluable as well as enjoyable!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at Intel Corporation

I have made some great friends at Intel and it really does feel like a community... surprising for such a huge multinational company.

Not only my manager, but other managers and colleagues are always more than happy to help with any questions or concerns.

The nature of the job means that some times are much busier than others. You need to remain proactive in filling the less busy periods with projects which will interest you and benefit your department.

I deputised completely for my manager when he was unavailable and was expected to make decisions which would impact budget spend on the main event and some creative direction. Although this was daunting to begin with, I would not have been given this responsibility if I were not equipped to make the correct decisions.

I cannot stress enough how valuable the skills I have acquired will assist me not only in my final year but also in finding a job and evaluating which skills I now need to build on to succeed as a graduate.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at Intel Corporation

I love my team, they are the perfect balance of work and play - the different strengths and personalities across the team make it a great atmosphere to work in.

With 50 interns taken on each year, Intel have the process perfected with integration classes, activities and an intern committee run by interns. No problems at all.

Depending on your manager and department here, you are allowed to take many courses (both face to face and online) to develop your skills and knowledge. There is a lot of support here and many resources, including Intel-U, an online 'university' learning resource just for employees.

I would love to come back and think I can if there is available headcount when I graduate.

There are 50 interns here throughout the year and I was on the sports and social committee for interns. There are many activities organised by us from nights out in different cities to theme parks and paintballing. As there are so many people the same age around, there's always something to do or people to go out with.

Thursday nights in Swindon are the cheapest - at 1.25 per drink you can't go wrong!

Not as good as other cities but it's the people not the place that make a good night out!

Charity, sports etc... if you're proactive there are many things to be involved in.