Not defined one currently availible - Involved in the Quality side of products from the beginning.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Lack of motivation, with the unfortunate addition of the company not knowing where to put / what to do with me (surprising for such a large comapany). Also enjoyment of the little work i had was next to none.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Couldnt fault the majority of my collegues!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
A lot could be rated towards nothing, supervisor gave adequate help when needed. Ususally in same position after input though.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Supidly bored, with burst of the odd business. Cant be blamed on team when they didnt really know what was definition of their own roles, and the amount of presure they were under from their own work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Had a couple of visits to organize, some resposibility to be had there, organization, time etc
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Some skills and also a view on what area of work to aim to work in.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very corporate, fun could not be had.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
didnt know what to do with me, throughout the year was a struggle to maintain a work flow.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
a lot of talk of courses, etc, in terms of investment, not really any.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i couldnt show any forms of determination, drive, hard work etc. As for a chance, No idea
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Couple of events, emails sent throughout amongst students and a lot of interaction at the start of placement regarding accomodation
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Leeds can be expensive depending on where you went but with works wage everything was managable
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Large events organized on a monthly basis
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
AMny oppurtunities, from sports and outdoors, to indoor activities and additional learning/skills increasing