Process Engineer at Siemens

Oxford
Engineering

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Siemens

3.3/5

4.2
2.8
2.8

Very good placement opportunity.

I was given a large amount of responsibility from the start of the placement and encouraged to have a large input in several business decisions.

I had a great manager who supported me well throughout the year and whom I was able to see as a more of a mentor than just a manager. Furthermore, other colleagues across the business were easily approachable for advice and support.

I had the opportunity to be involved in a large variety of work with varying amounts of work required. I was often managing small projects which involved sticking to a time schedule and ensuring tasks were completed to a deadline to ensure the long-term goals were achieved.

High level of responsibilty on a large variety of work. Opportunity to get involved with new product introduction and high priority business changes.

Invaluable level of experience and skills that I can take into future jobs and my final year at university. Skills including project management, opportunities to improve presentation skills and how to work in an effective team.

From the beginning you are treated as another employee which is very good however it would be more beneficial if there was a more specific scheme for placement students that would be more similar to the graduate scheme.

Opportunities within the Siemens branch in future have been made clear although it would be good to learn more about opportunities available within Siemens globally.

Oxford is generally quite an expensive area however there is great reasonably priced accommodation available if you do your research.

Great variety of things to do in Oxford yet still maintains a nice small city feel.