1. Supporting the Customer Marketing team on new release campaigns.
2. Work on presentations for marketing campaigns around new release titles and seasonal holidays.
3. Order and arrange merchandise for retailers.
4. Organize conferences and meetings.
5. Admin support for the Customer Marketing team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have had the best year, I don't want to leave!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Our team was very close, everyone is always offering support and hard work is always noticed.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly 121s with my supervisor, but also sat close to her where she was always happy to give advice and support. I was often pushed to achieve my best by giving me great responsibility.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Days can vary, however there's always more to pick up if you have extra time or people to help if you feel snowed under.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I gained more responsibility as I got further into my placement. I ran many projects by myself and even organized a conference for 60 people, which involved going up to see venues and taste food samples!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
With all the training I have received I have learnt a lot about the work environment, as well as how the industry works. I have also put to practice many theories learnt in my studies which will help in my course in my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The work culture was very much work hard play hard. Not only did I have a great team which we went on our own nights out where I tried new restaurants I also got to walk the red carpet at premieres and attend company parties at amazing venues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well, I had lots of training when I first started, with hand over notes and constant support throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had frequent training opportunities, where I got to have time out of the office and go see our agencies and how they operated. I also had personal development training which gave me better working skills. I also got to visit other companies to learn about advances in advertising and technologies within the industry.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although they don't offer post graduate placements, I have made great contacts and relationships within the company and will be kept on a job vacancy mailing list.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not only did I have frequent team socials, where we would try different nights out in London. There was also 30 other interns who I became great friends with and we would often go out on weekends together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being in central London is expensive however with the salary it is possible to have a good social life, I haven't saved any money... but have a lot of great memories!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London, there's almost too much to do!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were often team nights where we got to try new things.