NWE IT Commercial Officer at Siemens

Poole
Accountancy Information Technology Financial Management Purchasing and Supply

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Siemens

3.2/5

3.5
3.1

UK IT Support Functions: - Raising, amending & monitoring Purchase Orders. o Receiving requests o Formulating input data i.e GL account/ WBS/ Cost centre/ Vendor/ Backup o Input data into PO system & distributing PO# to correct people. - Monitoring charges in & billing out of the company for microprojects. o Receiving & checking billing proposal from supplier o Approving/rejecting proposed invoiced. o Checking actual invoiced & approving/ rejecting for release of payment - Monitoring and recording project Actual Costs. o Monitoring project POs o Accumulating project information on a monthly basis o Completing a data upload for reporting application ‘ServiceNow’ IE IT Support Functions: - Budgeting & Forecasting - Monitoring of costs & recovery of those into the company o Utility Bills/ Billing Master File o Analysis of incurred costs - Monitoring & Reporting of financial position o Cost centre analysis o Accruals/ Prepayments & Journaling of ill-posted costs/ revenues - PO requests

A joy most of the time, stressful on the odd occasion and very rarely boring.

Good team ethos, contract extension and a welcoming environment made it ieasy to fit into the team.

Although primarily left to work independently I always knew that if I needed support it was there.

Most of the time the work balance fitted perfectly, but as with most finance roles there are periods of time where extra hours are required - balanced by periods of low work volume.

I did have a reasonable amount of varying responsibilities and I would have enjoyed more responsibility, however I believe my role within the team would not allow this.

Although the placement consolidated my understanding of some key principles, I would have liked to have recieved some further training to develop my understanding further.

A very good atmosphere where teamwork and movement around the office is encouraged to achieve tasks more efficiently. Never TOO serious.

A slightly disorganised start to the placement, and little interaction with other students/ interns. Although I believe the role suited a placement student perfectly.

Little investment was made, however I was able to develop my skills on-the-job when I wanted to, which worked well and allowed me to develop my own style of working as opposed to being drawn into a fixed method of doing particular tasks.

Siemens is a fantastic place to work, however I would consider trying a variety of different roles as I believe there are so many different opportuniies that lay unexplored.

Only one social event was organised nationally for intern/placement students and nothing was organised locally. I believe that many of the schemes are relatively new to the company however, and the social side of these schemes should be developed in the coming years.

My hometown, so nothing out of the ordinary.

The nightlife in Bournemouth in particular is awesome, one of the best nights out in the UK. Poole is home to a host pubs with live music and good ales to offer if you fancy something a little less mainstream.

Plenty of different activities going on: local football leagues, sports clubs etc etc