Test analyst Intern at Airbus

Filton, Bristol South West
Aerospace/Aviation Aeronautical Engineering Computer and Systems Engineering Aerospace/Aviation Aeronautical Engineering Computer and Systems Engineering

8.6/10

8.6

I worked on the inert gas distribution system on the A350XWB. Writing, performing and analyzing tests, both independently and trans nationally.

I really enjoyed my internship as it was varied and challenging.

Everyone treated you like a permanent employee and even asked and valued your opinions.

If I needed support then it was readily given upon request.

Some days were really busy where I even stayed after hours with no pay to finish work. But then there were some quiet days also.

I was given a great deal of responsibility as I was working in a small but close knit team.

I have developed many skills during my placement, most of all my personal skills in communication, leadership, initiative and pro activeness.

Everyone worked hard but then also had a good laugh every so often.

The organisation was good, with monthly intern communications which interns from other departments gave presentations on what they were doing.

Most of my development was through on the job training with my team in procedures and softwares. I had no need for any formal training.

If you do impress, you can get fast tracked to an assessment centre. No jobs are guaranteed, as far as I am aware of, as there are many interns every year.

There was a great social scene, though there is no formal society set up. You get to meet other interns through various situations, e.g. intern comms, lunch at the canteen, etc.

It was quite expensive but it was definitely worth it!

Great variety of bars and clubs. Student nights also popular as two universities are located in Bristol.

There were many opportunities, though they would have to be organised by yourself or friends. Bristol has activities for anyone.