Use price as a tool to balance volume and margin on holiday packages for certain areas up to 6 months before departure.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A fantastic opportunity to be treating like a true employee who holds responsibility and accountability in your job role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are required to complete the same job as non placement employees therefore your performance is essential to the success of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Lots of support is provided by both the placement team and your line manager to ensure opportunities are made available to you.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Being busy is a good thing as you develop Time management skills quickly. At times you are very busy but this doesn't go unoticed and is valued by the company.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
With support from your line manager you are ultimately responsible for decisions and results. You recieve almost as much responsibility as a graduate would.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I personally think that the time management skills and work ethic that i have learnt this year will be most beneficial to my final year studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
As long as the work is completed and results achieved the atmosphere is very relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From the induction right through to the last day this work placement was extremely well managed and organised ensuring the highest level of enjoyment, satisafaction and opportunities for personal development within the placement students.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
More training and development opportunities were available to the placement students than other employees at the same level. Course such as Time Management, Assertiveness, Powerful Presenting and many more were compulsory for placement students to undergo.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Placements are encouraged to not only socialise with each other placements but get involved with company socials, events, sports teams and team nights out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It depends where you live and socialise but if your sensible you dont have to break the bank.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Close links to london and close by cities. Therefore with a bit of effort it can be very good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?