Support the audit function in key areas of financial analysis, Business support and financial reporting.Ensure timely completion, quality delivery of assigned project & appropriate documentation.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
From the start everyone was nice and friendly making me feel welcome.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people that I have worked with are very friendly, helpful and easy to get along with making me feel very comfortable when I am doing the job.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager has taken good care of me by leading me in doing the job while my colleagues have given me a lot of advice on the job too.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most of my tasks were based in the morning, so by the afternoon the work load was lighter. However, overall I had a busy workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I didn't expect to receive so much responsibility. But I'm glad I was given the opportunity.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement is directly relevant to me degree. I now have more knowledge of the different areas in which I can progress in to after I graduate.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In general, it was a friendly and relaxing atmosphere with a bit of humor going around.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think overall the placement scheme was set up in a good and organised method as I was treated as one of the employee and involved in various training as well as communication sessions that were going on in the factory.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
With regards to personal development - the company is willing to assist you with various courses if required.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will consider returning to the company upon graduation, however, I would be looking into a different role than my placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we all meet up regularly and have each others contact details to meet up when we all return to University.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Compared to where I study, the rent is cheaper. But other than that everything else is on par.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Average. Personally I didn't go out much but from friends I've heard that they've enjoyed the nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
On occasion there would be events out side of work. This is something that was of focus to improve when I was leaving.