at BDO

BDO is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.3

6.0

We were sent out to clients to help the auditing team with their audit.

The placement was very well organised, the work given was intersting and it gave a very good idea of what it would be like to work in the industry.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

The staff where very welcoming, taking tie out of their busy schedules to help you whenever you felt lost.

There was always help, whether it was in the office or at a clients and everyone was always happy to help.

The internship takes place during the slow season, so there was not a lot of work to do, howver, it did mean that if you did need help then it was easier for someone to give it to you. Also the amount of work increase significantly when we went out on audits.

Being an intern not much responsibility was given, however, this is not necessarilly a bad thing.

The training did not help with my degree since I do not study accountancy or any related subject.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

The office atmosphere was very relaxed, as long as you did the work that you were asked to do, then no one cared if you chatted at the same time.

The HR team who organised the internship where amazing, they organised for all the interns to spend te first week in a hotel in London, so that we could meet eachother and gain some kind of training before we where sent out to our individual regions. They also organised lots of different events, all of which were successfull, the HR team should really be given a medal for their work.

The company gave us 3 days of training before we started the internship, however most of the learning happened on the jobs.

At the end of the internship they interviewed everyone with the propspect of giving some interns a training contract after university.

All the interns got on very well with eachother.

The Gatwick region didn't provide many places to go socialising, however the cost of living is much cheaper than in London.

Unfortunatelly Gatwick does not have much in the way of a nightlife and most of the staff commute in every morning from other surrounding places.

there was a weekend football tournament organised in Bristol which was very good fun, and the hotels where subsidised by BDO!