Tax Intern at BDO

South East

BDO is a Top Employer

7.7/10

7.6

Drafting letters and emails to clients and HMRC, doing tax computations, preparing and presenting a presentation for the monthly team meeting.

Really enjoyed it, lots of friendly people to work with which was a key factor and a variety of work giving me an idea of all aspects of tax.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

Supported throughout, could ask anyone from managers to directors questions and advice.

For the majority of my time I consistently had work to do. However during the end week, the amount of work started slowing as people left for holiday.

I was gradually given more responsibility throughout my time.

Presentation and report writing skills have improved. Took advantage of their devlopment hub which helps you improve your skills in certain areas.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

Fairly quiet as lots of people were out of the office but everyone was really friendly.

Really structured with clear aims and objectives set at the beginning so I knew what was expected of me and also so that I knew what I wanted to get out of the internship.

Got lots of 1-1 help and advice and an introduction to tax.

The first and last two days all the interns were together and socialised.

The location of the office didn't present many opportunities to socialise however went for quite a few lunches. Reasonably priced. Lived at home.

No opportunity of nightlife in the office location I worked at.

Football tournament organised and team BBQ.