Tax Intern at BDO

BDO is a Top Employer

6.5/10

6.7

5.2

Preparing and reviewing tax computations. Correspondence with clients and HMRC. Client visits and meetings.

The office was friendly and the interns were well looked after.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

I worked with many different colleagues, who took time to explain what they were doing and ensure I was getting on OK.

As the team was small, I had quite a lot of contact with management who were very helpful and happy to answer questions.

Varied between days- sometimes had to organise many tasks from different colleagues, sometimes had some quieter time, during which I worked on intern projects.

Once I had been shown the basics, I was trusted to do similar tasks for other clients.

Helped to develop skills valuable for future jobs- working in a team, dealing with clients and so on.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

A small team so everyone knew everyone and there was a friendly atmosphere.

The office had not taken tax interns before yet we were given plenty to do and were able to work on different areas and projects.

Compared to the audit interns, the tax interns had less training before starting work, but in the office we were introduced to many different things and learnt many skills.

The company seems to value its employees well and place importance on a work-life balance. It provides good training for the accounting qualifications and ensures trainees have enough time to study.

Fairly good for a regional office- many lunches out, and occasional drinks. Opportunities to socialise with other interns.

Epsom is close enough to London to socialise there but is much less expensive.

Epsom itself is not excellent but it's easy to get to London or nearby places.

BDO held a national football tournament during my time there, although the office itself did not really have any organised social activities.