1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall I really enjoyed the internship and would recommend it!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone I worked with was really friendly and seemed to actually appreciate what work we did.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were only a couple of days that I was bored or didn't have enough to do, most days I was given plenty of work to do to keep me busy!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I think I was given enough responsibility that I would want as an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The first week was spent up in London with all the other interns where we were given basic training in audit which was really useful, especially as i'd never done any audit/accountancy before! It was a really fun week as everyone went out together in the evenings as well.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised really well and you could tell that a lot of effort had been put in to make sure we all enjoyed ourselves and didn't have any problems!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most people are really sociable and go out together outside of work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Epsom's not the greatest for nightlife...! It is close to bigger towns though if you wanted a big night out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were loads of social events, like the football tournament in Bristol which was a great weekend (hotel and transport paid for by BDO!)