•Managing Audi National tactical marketing programme worth in excess of £4 million a year. This involves effective agency briefing, management, and creative evaluation for print, digital, radio, and Google Search advertising
•Working as part of a small team to deliver integrated National campaigns that increase the brand image, meet and exceed KPI’s, and deliver ROI for the business
•Contribution to planning of the £25 million plus National marketing budget and effective and timely management of the finance process
•Creating and maintaining professional working relationships with large external partners such as Sky, The Telegraph, Google and JCDecaux to ensure successful launch of innovative projects
•Critical evaluation of all National TV and film product placement opportunities to ensure the standards of the brand are met and a sufficient return on investment
•Supervision of Chelsea FC sponsorship advertisement ensuring that national brand focus is reflected within the available media
•Organisation of vehicle logistics for all National filming and photo shoots
•Collaborative working with the Audi AG marketing team to ensure global integration, for example I managed the product placement for UK filming of the Avengers 2
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Brilliant year, loved every minute. I was given lots of opportunities with a huge amount of responsibility, hard work but lots of rewards along the way.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was always seen as a vital member of the team and never treated as a student!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given guidance and help when I needed it, but wasn’t micro managed. I was left to get on with it and just show management for sign off.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy but learnt a lot!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was very lucky that I was given a huge amount of responsibility, personally responsible for a media spend of over £4 million.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was given lots of training courses and was constantly developing my skill set within the role. Both of which I will benefit from in my degree and when I start my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Corporate office but fun people who work there. Was also given a treats such as a celebration party where Tinie Tempah and Trevor Nelson played.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised with a clear role with responsibilities
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was sent lots of internal and external courses
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very good, I was given an early assessment for the Graduate scheme (waiting to hear back from) and given opportunities to work at agencies
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great over 30 students on placement so lots of nights out!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
living costs are ok but nights out can be expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
OK, lots of nice bars
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of sports teams and people to go out for food, drinks and nights out with