1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the team made me feel welcome straight away and always asked for my opinion both in and out of team meetings.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
All of my managers/supervisors were very approachable and were very supportive throughout my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was never a dull moment! It felt very busy everyday but through the intern training programme you will learn how to better prioritise tasks and your managers are always there to help. Everyday was different which kept the placement exciting!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given ownership of key projects which meant I was given a lot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There is a fantastic structured Intern Training Programme which teaches you valuable skills such as time management, communication and presentation skills. You learn so much on the job!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is very friendly, helpful and welcoming.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to really develop myself through the intern training programme and through line manager feedback in catch up meetings and also formal performance review meetings. The Learning & Development Team were very aware of my personal development and always offered me different opportunities to attend training/gain more knowledge about the Learning & Organisational Development industry.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is no graduate scheme but some previous interns have returned at entry level roles so anything is possible!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes with 49 interns this year and even more next year you are bound to have a great time!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is very expensive! Try to bring your own lunch!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Expensive but so much choice!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A member of our HR team organised a charity run which some of us took part in which was fun and rewarding. There is also a football team but apart from that not much is advertised.