To provide support to the HBO Home Entertainment International team on a day to day basis to ensure that all digital releases and campaigns are a success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist the digital distribution business in the planning and implementation of HBO releases on various digital platforms in all international markets.
2) Prepare the releases through the maintenance and distribution of release schedule, delivery and fulfillment of creative assets, and regular communication with various HBO departments in London and New York.
3) Monitor the activity of digital releases by store checking, archiving creative examples, and keeping the department up to date.
4) Support the evaluation and analysis of digital releases through the gathering and archiving of weekly sales data, highlighting trends and events in the revenue streams of the department.
5) Maintenance of the entire HBO digital information library, a network of schedules, calendars, digital product information. Help integrate with relevant DVD information, in order to support full information share and synergy across the department.
6) Gather and share relevant trade and competitor information regarding latest industry trends, platform launches and product releases.
7) Work with UK and International DVD team on potential crossover marketing opportunities such as website support, social media and dual (digital and DVD) messaging.
8) Support the rest of the Home Entertainment team in regular and ad-hoc initiatives, including event planning and sharing of assets and information.
• Computer literacy and analytical skills – comfortable with complicated spreadsheets, templates and numeric analysis; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal skills - able to work with people at different levels within the organization.
• Self-motivation - able to work on own initiative and be persistent, patient and pragmatic.
• Team working - able to work within a matrix organization.
• Flexibility - able to cope with a number of varying tasks and different people at one time in a rapidly changing environment.
• Time Management - able to deal with a number of projects simultaneously, without missing deadlines.
• Flexibility and agility
• Planning and organizing
• Problem solving
• Relationship building
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Best decision I made.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Don't get treated like an intern.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Lots of work continually. More work during title releases.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of responsibility straight away
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great office. Lots of fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of training days throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, but as it is not likely and the top star is 'Got a job' i'll put 7.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
50+ interns at WB to socialise with next year. (HBO internship linked with WB)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive but worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Odd activity organised by the office. All depends on if you're up for organising anything