To support the Marketing Exec (Film) and Marketing Manager in the day to day Marketing of assigned titles across the Theatrical and New Release Home Video
To Assist with research, creative and financial systems, and involvement in all aspects of marketing films.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my internship at WB. It has been a fantastic experience which has been really rewarding both inside and outside the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have felt valued at WB both within my own team and others. Everyone always gives you recognition for your efforts and recognises when you do things well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have always felt supported within my team and the company and support has always been available too me from my team who have been fantastic this year in making me feel comfortable and happy. They have also assisted in guiding me whenever i have had any issues and have strived to help me when possible
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have always been busy at work on a day to day basis, Working across a variety of titles and working within a cross divisional team has meant that there has always different areas of campaigns that need to be worked on.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a wide range of responsibilities on my placement, including being responsible for my own title at both theatrical and home entertainment release This is one of the things that has been great about this year been given responsibilty and working on significant areas of campaigns,
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learnt and developed this year will definitely benefit me next year in my final year of university, which I feel much more prepared for having done this placement. It has given me fantastic experience of working in the Film industry at a fantastic world renowned company. It will be very helpful when looking for a job after university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere of the office has been one of the most enjoyable things about the placement. I have worked in a fantastic team where the atmosphere was always fun and sociable, so it was a fantastic environment to work in, This is something which was consistent around the whole floor
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I believe my work placement has been very well organised and i haven't had any real issues.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested heavily in me, sending me on numerous courses including excel and powerpoint training and script reading for commercial value. Warner Brothers HR team also ran numerous mandatory training sessions throughout the year and the company often put on lunch and learn sessions with a variety of speakers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects at Warner Brothers are very appealing as it is a fantastic company which has been a pleasure to work for and is at the forefront of the industry i want to work in.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There has been a brilliant social scene amongst colleagues and fellow interns which has been one of the numerous highlights and things i will take away from this internship. I couldn't have asked for anything better in this respect from an intership.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As my work placement is in London naturally the cost of living and socialising is significantly higher than many other areas of the country like Sheffield or Nottingham. But it is not so much that you cant enjoy yourself.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing. Being in London the nightlife has been great and we often go out for drinks after work in some of the local pubs and bars. With so many different places to go out and things to do, it is never hard to find something you will like.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
In terms of activities organised by work outside business hours, there have been opportunities to go to screenings and premieres which has been fantastic. There has also been a WB football team you can play for. However most of the activities i got involved in outside of work were organised by myself and fellow interns away from work.