Working closely with the European Theatrical Marketing team on various film releases in 39 markets. I assisted in all aspects of marketing with a particular focus on Media and New Media.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have loved my placement year at Warner Bros. and have gained so much experience which will not only help me in my final year at university but will also help me in my future career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my colleagues and was always treated like part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers provided so much support and guidance throughout the year. We had meetings to discuss how the placement was going and their doors were always open if we needed anything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It can be busy coming up to a film release but this enabled me to learn so much and make the most out of the experience. In between releases it can be quieter, but there was always something to do to keep you busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given so much responsibility during my placement. As interns, we are trusted with our own projects and I have loved being able to work across so many different film campaigns.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have enhanced and developed will be extremely beneficial in my final year and writing my dissertation. I have a greater understanding of the industry as a whole which will also help me in my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was great and everyone worked together really well.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My department has been hiring interns for years which meant the placement was extremely well organised. It ensures interns can settle quickly into the job and get the most out of the experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are many intern training sessions available, some optional and some mandatory, which all help to enhance your skills and employability.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is no graduate scheme available and there are very few openings but the experience has been invaluable.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene amongst the interns was great and I've made so many friends throughout the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living and socialising in London is high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being in central London meant there were many bars, restaurant and night clubs to choose from!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?