As part of the European Promotions Team I help coordinate joint marketing activities between Warner Bros and internationally known brands to build awareness of the films leading up to their theatrical release. Our remit includes Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 37 markets in total.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved my work placement at Warner Bros, as a Psychology student I had very little experience of marketing but I have learnt so much this year and now know film marketing is the industry I want to be in after I graduate.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One of the reasons I enjoyed my placement so much was because the European team are so close. Us five interns all felt really valued and very much a part of the team. During department meetings the opinions of the interns were always asked for and taken seriously.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was fantastic; she gave me plenty of responsibility but was always there when I needed help. I think we worked really together and I couldn't have asked for a better manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This really varied depending on the film release dates but generally I had plenty of work to keep me busy but rarely so much that I felt overwhelmed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of responsibility I was given. It meant I had to learn how to do the job fairly quickly and as a result became confident in the role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a great atmosphere, everyone worked well together and I felt very comfortable from day one.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship organisation is amazing; the interns have a real place in the company and I felt very valued. The intern training scheme was really beneficial and our team gave us the oppourtunity to spend time in other roles.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I attended several training programmes throughout the year including an Excel course which were beneficial for the intern year and will continue to be useful after I graduate.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love the opportunity to come back to Warner Bros however there are very few openings due to the nature of the job.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, all the interns were really good friends and socialised a lot together. Our team also got on very well together and were sociable.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being in central London prices were high but it was a very nice area to work in and very convenient
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were some great restaurants and pubs nearby
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?