Marketing Brand Promotions at Warner Bros

London Greater London
Marketing Media Public Relations Advertising Arts/Entertainment/Media

9.1/10

9.4

As part of the European Promotions Team I help coordinate joint marketing activities between Warner Bros and internationally known brands to build awareness of the films leading up to their theatrical release. Our remit includes Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 37 markets in total.

I absolutely loved my work placement at Warner Bros, as a Psychology student I had very little experience of marketing but I have learnt so much this year and now know film marketing is the industry I want to be in after I graduate.

One of the reasons I enjoyed my placement so much was because the European team are so close. Us five interns all felt really valued and very much a part of the team. During department meetings the opinions of the interns were always asked for and taken seriously.

My line manager was fantastic; she gave me plenty of responsibility but was always there when I needed help. I think we worked really together and I couldn't have asked for a better manager.

This really varied depending on the film release dates but generally I had plenty of work to keep me busy but rarely so much that I felt overwhelmed.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of responsibility I was given. It meant I had to learn how to do the job fairly quickly and as a result became confident in the role.

It was a great atmosphere, everyone worked well together and I felt very comfortable from day one.

The internship organisation is amazing; the interns have a real place in the company and I felt very valued. The intern training scheme was really beneficial and our team gave us the oppourtunity to spend time in other roles.

I attended several training programmes throughout the year including an Excel course which were beneficial for the intern year and will continue to be useful after I graduate.

I would love the opportunity to come back to Warner Bros however there are very few openings due to the nature of the job.

Yes, all the interns were really good friends and socialised a lot together. Our team also got on very well together and were sociable.

Being in central London prices were high but it was a very nice area to work in and very convenient

There were some great restaurants and pubs nearby