1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The people in the team were extremely enthusiastic and helpful. I enjoyed the frequent challenges as they boosted my learning
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They all made me feel very welcome and part of the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very approachable and always made sure I was happy at work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied day-to-day because of the particular job role I was doing (support). I always had something to do but at the same time didnt have so much work on that it was unmanageable. The team always helped out if it got too busy
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was the first support contact for the team so any issues that came in I was responsible for dealing with (but could escalate to other team members if needed). I was also assigned tasks for various projects, some of which were high-profile
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement was a major factor in me achieving a first-class degree in my final year and I am now working full-time & doing a part-time MSc both in the same field. Without the skills I developed I would probably be lost and unsure of my future ambitions.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a perfect "banter balance"! People got on with their work but still had a laugh with each other whenever possible.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was arranged very well. Training was all set out and everybody knew I was the new placement student.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was provided with on-the-job practical training by my team members and attended a number of internal training courses
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been working for the company ever since my placement. My salary, job title, responsibilities, training and travel opportunities are all much higher and they have excellent future prospects for me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were 4 job roles within the company for placement students and as we all started at around the same time we became good friends. Am still in contact with them
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home during my placement so costs didnt change for me. The company is quite big with a lot of employees and there were always social events being arranged
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a few local pubs around but most of the nightlife is about a 15 minutes drive away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company has its own sports clubs (football, cricket, golf...etc).