European Publicity Intern at Warner Bros

London Greater London
Journalism Logistics and Operations Marketing Media Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Public Relations Arts/Entertainment/Media Film/Photography

8.4/10

Working closely with senior European Publicists on over 30 film releases in 38 markets across Europe, Middle East and Africa, the intern will assist in all aspects of publicity ensuring that we maximise the potential of each film release.

It has been the best experience and suggest that everyone takes part in a placement year

The environment is great and the team work very closely together with a lot of support

Support is always on hand and I advise that at the beginning of your placement you ask as many questions as possible but also make lots of notes so you don't ask the same question twice!

My department in particular was very busy so it is essential you learn how to manage workload.

This was my biggest shock. I was originally looking at agency work as I thought that is where I would get the most amount of repsonsibility but that is not true. The compnay has given me a huge amount of repsonibility and I think with all placements it is down to yourself to show they can trust you and that you would like more responsibility.

I feel that is doesn't neccesarily relate directly to my course but will benefit extremely from this experience after I graduate and look for full time employment.

Atmosphere is great and a lot of opportunities to socialise and network.

Great set up with a lot of training available.

They have a very extensive training course which has benefitted me immensely.

Unfortunately there are not many jobs available in the company but if one was to become available previous interns would of course be considered.

As the compnay employs a large number of interns there is a great social scene and also chance to live with fellow interns.

Cost of course is very high in London so it is great they provide a good wage which can help.

Being in central London the nightlife is great, endless opportunities.

In many cases it is down to you to find the opportunities but with a great environment for networking they are easy to find.