- Managing the packaging process across core and kids titles for emerging territories (Russia, Poland, India, UAE).
- Supporting the packaging process of core and kids titles across the rest of the EMEA territories and working closely with Freeform packaging agency to ensure high standards when considering first party guidelines and specific brand identity.
- Supporting the first party submissions of marketing and packaging materials.
- Managing the creation of assets and the registration of all WB Games on the Nintendo eShop.
- Supporting and managing the localisation of marketing assets across EMEA territories before distribution on an embargo date.
- Managing an agency in the creation and distribution of POS assets across EMEA territories.
- Supporting and managing an agency in the creation and distribution of both press and consumer merchandise across EMEA territories.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was really enjoyable and provided me with an experience that has confirmed my interest in this type of role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are a valued member of the team and they rely on you as much as you rely on them in order to complete day-to-day jobs and large projects.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was always there if I had any questions throughout my placement and has provided me with exceptional guidance as I developed my skills throughout the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The busyness came in sections based on a titles release schedule but there was always something to be working on and the work varied a lot depending on how close the title was to release.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As stated above you aren't just given responsibility, you are a required member of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I've acquired at WB Games are skills that I couldn't have picked up on my university course and will be useful regardless of which area I decide to go into once I've finished uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office had a great atmosphere with a good mixture of time for fun and time for working.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship is set up perfectly to handle the interns from the very beginning up to to the end. The progression is mapped throughout the year using a review system that allows you to see how you can improve and where you're doing well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company provided multiple different training sessions to help develop my skills across a wide variety of disciplines including but not limited to: presenting, time-management and personal evaluation.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of everything is fairly expensive in London but in my opinion it's worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?