Marketing and PR intern at Warner Bros

7.5/10

7.7

PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:

• Support EMEA PR manager in the creation of press events and studio tours
• Assist EMEA PR team in sourcing and trafficking PR assets to the 8 European offices.
• Support The EMEA Marketing team in the development of International brand plan and its execution.
• Compile and summarise highlights from WBIE press clippings reports for the global and EMEA regional office.
• Competitive analysis and research reporting – online and in-store.
• Assist on community management on relevant titles.
• Work closely with external agencies e.g. media, advertising, creative etc, in the localisation of PR assets.
• Burning and duplication of assets and code for PR purposes.
• Provide general marketing and PR admin support for entire EMEA marketing team..
• Assist the Product Managers on merchandise and online marketing assets.
• Minuting of weekly marketing calls with the territories.
• Compilation of monthly industry news.
• Provide demonstrations and walk through of game code at internal meetings and events e.g. to EMEA regional office and territories.
• Assist in supporting territory offices on all their asset needs and providing regular PR asset updates.

Very tiring but very rewarding. A struggle at first because there is so much to learn but lots of support.

I was welcomed and especially everyone made a big effort to help me settle in.

Regular 1 on 1 learning's, feedback and advice. This support was really appreciated, and helped me to reflect and improve and also learn about higher level processes that as an intern I would otherwise not have exposure to, giving me a better idea about how the company works on a macro level.

At times the workload did make things tricky as we were very busy, however this had its benefits as time flew and the days never dragged.

I had full control of my responsibilities and projects, to improve them if I saw fit and to carry them out from start to finish. You are given a lot of trust, and at times people depend on you which gives you a real sense of pride, feeling valued and appreciated.

I learnt more on this placement than in my entire academic life - the skills are invaluable and gained through jumping in at the deep end. These skills make me feel confident about returning to university and prepared for future jobs prospects.

The atmosphere in the office varies on workload, however there are lots of laughs and chatter!

The organisation of the work placement really was fantastic. Because the team are used to having a new intern every year, clear defined job roles and regular feedback helped me and everyone knew what the process was.

There are regular training sessions, and I also attended an off-site training day which was incredibly helpful.

Although WB have no grad scheme, many previous interns do come back to work with them.

Social scene was great, and being based in London is exciting as there is always something happening.

London is expensive, but if you are careful you are still ok to enjoy yourself, just not all the time!

London transport makes everything easy, as the many different club areas of London is really easy and quick to get to.

There were many, and I personally got involved in some volunteer work to do with an industry related charity.