1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Brilliant Company, brilliant people and some great opportunities, I would highly recommend this intership.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Generally seen as part of the team, given real responsibility and included in the majority of social and business events.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Extremely helpful managers who provided help whenever it was asked for. However they were never too overbearing and gave me complete freedom to undertake tasks independently.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Depends slightly on the time of year but generlly pretty busy. Youll never get bored with nothing to do but it does get extremly busy on the run up to christmas.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the responsibility of independeptly running a few of my own accounts aswell as giving quarterly presentation to several others. There happy to give you more responsibility if you are capable of taking it on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Ive developed a variety of skills which likely prove very useful in future employment (and a lot more helpful than most of the stuff Ive learnt at uni).
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good fun! People were always up for a laugh and a chat but knew to get there heads down when necessary.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, with over 40 other interns the whole process was well practised and well managed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Were given various HR Training days and the use of one external IT Training course of our choice.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although if you are good at your job you are esstentially put onto a hot list which HR goes through when hiring new employees, there is no grad scheme, no guarntee of employment after university and junior postions dont open up that often considering the amount of interns that are employed by the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Over 40 other interns so easy to make a good group of friends. Enough friendly and simlar minded people to alwalys have stuff to do and people to do it with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London so extremely expensive particuarly rent.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London so plenty of options and choice for nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Theres a company football team but not many other activities available