Marketing Services - EMEA at Warner Bros

Marketing Media Advertising Film/Photography

9.4/10

9.4

Working closely with the Director, Marketing Services International in all areas of Marketing/Creative Services across 37 EMEA offices. Additionally working with the Marketing team on select collaboration and cross-over areas.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

ARTWORK
• Monitor all incoming creative layouts and ad campaigns / marketing materials. Review with MS Director
• Daily use of in-house creative artwork/layout delivery system (MARS). Downloading all relevant new assets (print creative) keeping MS Director updated
• Deal with queries from territories on availability and deadlines / usage / local language translations
• Surveying various creative layout / artwork related issues – collating, reviewing and reporting on findings
• Working together with MS Director on all misc campaign artwork / creative issues

MATERIALS – STANDEES / BANNERS / MOBILES / MISC MATERIALS
Assist MS Director with the production of standees / totems, surveying worldwide quantities, working with print vendors, monitor production, approval of final proof and co-ordination of worldwide shipping to deadline:
• Survey for worldwide quantity requirements
• Survey for local translations of title and copy ensuring all correct, proofing and approval
• Collating all information into spreadsheet format incorporating all scheduling of production based on release date deadlines
• Oversee shipping of final products and sending shipping alerts to all territories / maintenance of master contact list details

CINE EUROPE (Annual film industry exhibition held in June)
Assist with some aspects of artwork installations created and produced for yearly exhibition:
• Extensive management of artwork delivery and retrieval from ftp and artwork sites, working together with Burbank Home Office, MS Manager, Local office, external vendors to ensure production to deadline
• Offer creative input and quality control of all London produced materials
• Assist with co-ordination of all London produced materials delivery to site.

MISC RESPONSIBILITIES - General ad hoc duties including:
Managing artwork archives, contact lists and databases. Ad hoc research projects and all general office duties

It was an amazing experience; I kept in mind that I would be incredibly lucky if I got a job like this in the future!

The department I worked in were absolutely lovely. They never made you feel like 'just an intern' and made a huge effort to get to know us all and welcome us as a genuine part of the team.

My manager was fabulous. Will be so sad not to work with her, she took into account my strengths and weaknesses from day one and encouraged me to try new things and get as much experience as possible. She gave me so much more responsibility than I ever thought I'd get and trusted me with a lot.

Due to the nature of the job you get busy then quiet inbetween film releases and peak times. The busier you are the more you felt you were learning but then you relished the quieter moments to catch up with yourself and look at different areas of the job.

I was given as much responsibility as I wanted to take on, and that was a lot. I felt like I was really valued and able to run with it. My opinions were taken on board and I felt like I really did have a real 'job', not just an 'internship'.

My degree is unrelated to marketing but the general skills of dealing with people and working intensively on projects will always help. My future career will definitely be furthered by this year. Hoping I can take what I've learnt to my graduation and beyond.

We had so much fun, the team spend so much effort in teambuilding and having a good time amongst working hard.

Warner Bros has a great internship scheme. We had training, set dates, the contracts.. the way our department had a process of integrating us and getting to know us made it clear that they knew what they were doing and so we found our place quickly in the team.

They offered us courses, training schemes and my department gave us the ability to try different roles for a week or so if we wanted to. They were open to us getting as much experience as possible to take away with us for the future.

There are a lot of interns and the possibilities are there so yes, the social side was great and people made a lot of effort. Personally I loved the other interns in my department and will be staying in contact. I also had my friends from home around me so spent a lot of time with them throughout the year.

It's London, so it's expensive. But there is everything you'd want in one city so you kind of have to balance out the pros and cons for that one.

See above!