Creative and Marketing Intern at Warner Bros

London - Holborn Central London and City
Marketing Media Consumer Products/FMCG Graphic Design

9.1/10

9.4

Produce and create any creative design functions that the office require, be it product visualisations, online adverts, print adverts, presentations, PoS, etc.

Assist in marketing operations and campaigns.

The past year has been the best to date. I wanted a placement that would allow me to hone my design skills, but also introduce me to the world of marketing. I never thought I would find a job that met the criteria, but this role has been absolutely perfect: everything I could have asked for. I feel so hugely privileged and lucky to have been able to work as part of the wonderful team at Warner Bros.

The colleagues I worked with were absolutely fantastic. The small team were friendly and approachable from the offset. I was included in everything from meetings to social outings. Everyone was always willing to help if needed.

I was lucky enough to have two managers who were absolutely fantastic. They were always on hand to help with anything at all; big or small. I could comfortably ask any questions without fear of repercussions. They were both more than fair.

As with any job there were busy weeks and quieter weeks. Once I settled into the role it became easier to manage the workload. The balance of work was just right for me.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility. I had to manage a number of tasks by myself and was solely responsible for their completion.

Although the placement was not directly related to my degree, I still found the experience invaluable. Just being exposed to the inner workings of a huge corporation has given me knowledge that I would not have gained otherwise. I cannot emphasise enough how invaluable the last year has been to me both personally and professionally.

The office environment was great. Everyone was talkative, happy and helpful. Considering you spend most of your time with the people in your office, it is important for you to feel comfortable.

It was great. Training sessions, clear handover notes, job review sessions; it was all thought out and seamless.

I was able to attend three external training sessions to improve my design abilities. Within the company the training schedule was great, allowing me to improve a varying array of skills.

Future employment prospects are massively appealing, coming back to work for Warner would be the ideal outcome. However, there is no guarantee of a job after graduating and the chances of landing a design based role would be very low.

I was fortunate to be in a department with a very sociable bunch of people. There were many outings and events after work that have been so much fun.

It's London. It's pretty expensive in certain places, but thats true of everywhere. If you're savvy enough with your money you shouldn't have a problem experiencing everything London has to offer.

There are so many bars, pubs, clubs to choose from that it's actually quite confusing which ones to pick!

Warner Bros. offer a wealth of activities to participate in if you so choose. From volunteering to football, if you want to you can join in.