Produce and create any creative design functions that the office require, be it product visualisations, online adverts, print adverts, presentations, PoS, etc.
Assist in marketing operations and campaigns.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The past year has been the best to date. I wanted a placement that would allow me to hone my design skills, but also introduce me to the world of marketing. I never thought I would find a job that met the criteria, but this role has been absolutely perfect: everything I could have asked for. I feel so hugely privileged and lucky to have been able to work as part of the wonderful team at Warner Bros.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The colleagues I worked with were absolutely fantastic. The small team were friendly and approachable from the offset. I was included in everything from meetings to social outings. Everyone was always willing to help if needed.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was lucky enough to have two managers who were absolutely fantastic. They were always on hand to help with anything at all; big or small. I could comfortably ask any questions without fear of repercussions. They were both more than fair.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with any job there were busy weeks and quieter weeks. Once I settled into the role it became easier to manage the workload. The balance of work was just right for me.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility. I had to manage a number of tasks by myself and was solely responsible for their completion.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the placement was not directly related to my degree, I still found the experience invaluable. Just being exposed to the inner workings of a huge corporation has given me knowledge that I would not have gained otherwise. I cannot emphasise enough how invaluable the last year has been to me both personally and professionally.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office environment was great. Everyone was talkative, happy and helpful. Considering you spend most of your time with the people in your office, it is important for you to feel comfortable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was great. Training sessions, clear handover notes, job review sessions; it was all thought out and seamless.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to attend three external training sessions to improve my design abilities. Within the company the training schedule was great, allowing me to improve a varying array of skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects are massively appealing, coming back to work for Warner would be the ideal outcome. However, there is no guarantee of a job after graduating and the chances of landing a design based role would be very low.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was fortunate to be in a department with a very sociable bunch of people. There were many outings and events after work that have been so much fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London. It's pretty expensive in certain places, but thats true of everywhere. If you're savvy enough with your money you shouldn't have a problem experiencing everything London has to offer.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are so many bars, pubs, clubs to choose from that it's actually quite confusing which ones to pick!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Warner Bros. offer a wealth of activities to participate in if you so choose. From volunteering to football, if you want to you can join in.