Working within the Technical Operations department to manage and maintain digital key distribution and working with clients to solve issues. Supporting the rest of the department with certain projects for feature films.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Had a lot of fun with challenging work and a fair amount of responsibility within my role. Would love to come back!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Within the department, I felt equal with other employees and felt trusted with my own work and was given plenty of responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers encouraged me to give my opinion and allowed me to speak up and give my own opinion on matters within the department as well as giving regular feedback.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had work to do but never felt pressured in to staying long hours at the end of the day which gave a good balance of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given a lot of responsibility dealing with clients and managing a certain area of the department that allowed me to work at my own pace.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Gained a lot of knowledge on business and systems development as well as more confidence in my own work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Always easy to be at work with a good atmosphere that was never depressing or stressful. Good balance of fun and time to get work done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was done very professionally from being interviewed and becoming a part of the company to gaining regular training and feedback.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Regular training sessions were given within the company (almost every month) that were very useful. External training courses were also offered as well as other learning opportunities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
No job guaranteed after the placement but would still love to come back and work here! There are a lot of interns that do come back and work for the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Regular nights out and other events were arranged within the department and the group of interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive in central London so you need to find a good balance.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good nightlife with tonnes of different places to visit. Amazing selection of bars, clubs and restaurants. But all very expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Always opportunities to join in with activities outside of work from screenings to sports and charity events.