Mechanical Engineering Placement Student at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Engineering

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.5/10

I had a really enjoyable time at Lubrizol, both from a work and social perspective.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I developed a very good working relationship with all my colleague and they made me feel that my contributions were genuinely valued and appreciated.

My line manager was very supportive and tried his best to support me despite his hectic schedule.

The placement was a great learning experience in time management! I certainly was never struggling to find work.

I was allowed to run some very expensive machinery myself!!

The placement encompasses a very wide array of engineering disciplines which I feel stands me in very good stead for my final year at university and the start of an engineering career.

Fun NEVER STOPPED!

I was juggling a few jobs at once and it was initially difficult to know which ones to priorities. I helped to create and implement a new job and resource planner tool which aided the prioritization process.

Learnt how to use solidworks/ solidcam extensively

Rental is cheap in Derby/ Belper

Sports and social club very active with climbing, go karting that i participated in. I also frequently went out with colleague on the road bike around the derbyshire hills!