This role sits within the Marketing Department. The team is responsible for the marketing of TopCashback.co.uk across all marketing mediums including, online marketing, PPC, affinity marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, social media and TV advertising. Reporting into the Marketing Manager the Marketing Executive will be primarily responsible for ensuring timely delivery of all aspects of Top Cashback’s marketing programs both internally and externally ensuring that the company achieves its strategy with a consistent brand.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a lot of fun on placement, i enjoyed having responsibilities and helping to make decisions that affect the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone at TopCashback are super friendly and helpful; you are treated like a full time member of staff rather than a student.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are given the support you require throughout the year and extra help when needed - don't be afraid to ask!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is never a moment where you will sat there bored with nothing to do - sometimes it can be a bit hectic but I've never missed a deadline.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given a lot of responsibility here and are pretty much in charge of your own work from the start off.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It is great to apply theory to the practice but I will definitely be able to take the practice and see it in the theory when I go back to uni in October. I have definitely gained very transferable skills that will be useful when applying for jobs once I graduate. although I hope to return her!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere is great - it's like one big family and we have lots of jokes - of course we still buckle down and get the work done.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything ran smoothly from induction to extending my placement
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested in me like they would any member of staff - I got all the training I required plus extra time for research and online courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company is growing super fast and new people start every day! I hope to come back once I graduate!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We arranged a monthly outing on payday weekends which are always great fun
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rent is quite cheap but be warned you will spend a lot of money buying lunch everyday! There is quite a bit of choice
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Uttoxeter doesn't have the best nightlife scene but Derby and Hanley are close by and commutable!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
TopCashback has Top Volunteers which help organize stuff in the office and outside such as charity events and office lunches