Trainee at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

7.3/10

7.7
7.4

6.5

It was a fantastic insight into the world of full-time work.

They treated me like one of them - I was involved in all the day-to-day recruitment activities as well as my project work.

I was given an awful lot of support by my line manager and all of the recruitment team.

It went through stages of being really busy and then not so busy, but I always had something to do. Depending on my own schedule I was able to help out other people in my team.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility - just enough so I felt comfortable with it.

It will help me greatly with my final year at university and also in deciding on my career for the future.

There's a really good atmosphere - everyone gets on and 2 way communication between management and workers is encouraged.

Very well organised - full compnay induction, training courses organised through-out the year. I had my own development plan and was able to see a great deal of the work done in HR.

I received a lot of training and developed many existing and new skills whilst at Toyota.

There is a Graduate scheme run by Toyota which I will definitely apply to.

Yes, we got on well. 5 of us in particular met up regularly and went out for a drink.

It was quite reasonable - I was already at university in Derby so continued living in a student house with my friends. It's fairly cheap to go out and there's plenty of reasonably priced shops in town.

Derby nightlife isn't the best, but as I've already been here for 2 years as a student I know where to go with my friends.

Only really social outings, for example team meals. I heard they had a football team and netball team but they weren't really advertised to the Industrial Trainees.