7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There's a really good atmosphere - everyone gets on and 2 way communication between management and workers is encouraged.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised - full compnay induction, training courses organised through-out the year. I had my own development plan and was able to see a great deal of the work done in HR.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received a lot of training and developed many existing and new skills whilst at Toyota.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a Graduate scheme run by Toyota which I will definitely apply to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we got on well. 5 of us in particular met up regularly and went out for a drink.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was quite reasonable - I was already at university in Derby so continued living in a student house with my friends. It's fairly cheap to go out and there's plenty of reasonably priced shops in town.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Derby nightlife isn't the best, but as I've already been here for 2 years as a student I know where to go with my friends.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Only really social outings, for example team meals. I heard they had a football team and netball team but they weren't really advertised to the Industrial Trainees.
Imagine yourself working at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd