1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a fantastic insight into the world of full-time work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They treated me like one of them - I was involved in all the day-to-day recruitment activities as well as my project work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given an awful lot of support by my line manager and all of the recruitment team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It went through stages of being really busy and then not so busy, but I always had something to do. Depending on my own schedule I was able to help out other people in my team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility - just enough so I felt comfortable with it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It will help me greatly with my final year at university and also in deciding on my career for the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There's a really good atmosphere - everyone gets on and 2 way communication between management and workers is encouraged.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised - full compnay induction, training courses organised through-out the year. I had my own development plan and was able to see a great deal of the work done in HR.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received a lot of training and developed many existing and new skills whilst at Toyota.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a Graduate scheme run by Toyota which I will definitely apply to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we got on well. 5 of us in particular met up regularly and went out for a drink.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was quite reasonable - I was already at university in Derby so continued living in a student house with my friends. It's fairly cheap to go out and there's plenty of reasonably priced shops in town.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Derby nightlife isn't the best, but as I've already been here for 2 years as a student I know where to go with my friends.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Only really social outings, for example team meals. I heard they had a football team and netball team but they weren't really advertised to the Industrial Trainees.