Industrial Trainee at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Derby East Midlands
Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering

7.3/10

7.4

Tasks varied daily, all related to improving Weld quality, reducing costs or saving time through design and manufacturing of parts, researching products, meeting suppliers and implementing new equipment.

Fantastic; really enjoyed myself and don't want to leave!!

Imagine yourself working at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

I had the best team ever. My manager and most of the guys in my team became my friends, I could share with them all my thoughts and how I felt about work and in general. It really helped me to stay motivated!

Manager supports anything you want to do that will help you to develop and therefore benefit the company. Have been on some really good training courses.

Always had something worthwhile to do.

I was treated like a real employee. I was trusted enough to handle stuff a regular employee would do.

Greatly, I have done so much in my time here and learnt so much both in the work I've done and the courses I've been able to do.

Imagine yourself working at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

In general, it was a friendly and relaxing atmosphere with a bit of humor going around.

I think overall the placement scheme was set up in a good and organised method as I was treated as one of the employee and involved in various training as well as communication sessions that were going on in the factory.

With regards to personal development - the company is willing to assist you with various courses if required.

I will consider returning to the company upon graduation, however, I would be looking into a different role than my placement.

Yes, we all meet up regularly and have each others contact details to meet up when we all return to University.

Derby is a relatively cheap area with beer and housing being cheap in comparison to the south coast, although sharing accommodation definitely makes it a great deal cheaper as single bed flats are still quite pricey.

Derby nightlife is ok, the surrounding villages have some fantastic pubs which I personally found much more enjoyable. The city itself is fairly bland, nothing particularly stands out and the clubs are your run of mill clubs such as Mosh and Revolution.

On occasion there would be events out side of work. This is something that was of focus to improve when I was leaving.