2014 Spring Insight GFA London at Rothschild & Co

Banking/Finance

9.4/10

A comprehensive insight into Rothschild's history and business with opportunity for networking and extensive work-shadowing.

It was incredibly enjoyable, not only due to the activities but due to the fact that it is the most open and friendly working environment I have experienced so far.

Hard to comment on this as it was only a Spring Insight, but we were taken very good care of.

All of the analysts I met were more than willing to help out with the Group Project. The HR department were also very helpful if we had any issues / questions.

I have not received a better learning experience over any other week; it has really provided me with an in-depth knowledge of the business.

Absolutely everything was so well thought-out - especially in comparison to other Spring Weeks.

Really great - everyone was friendly and open, which gave it a welcoming atmosphere.

They provided us with a lot of resources for our projects and had senior people come in and give talks to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the business.

There's only so much one can say for a week's insight but the group project and extensive work shadowing certainly made it quite clear what a full time role would be like.

The Rothschild culture is very, very difficult to miss. I'm not sure a single employee neglected to talk about it.

I was decided anyway but I know many people were swayed from the bulge-bracket banks towards Rothschild.

Travel and lunch was reimbursed.

Between work-shadowing, networking lunches and tea with directors, there was no shortage of networking.

There was a drinks event on the first night and certainly opportunity for networking.

I learnt a little about Rothschild's charity work.

Absolutely. By far the most enjoyable work experience I have ever been to.