Analyst at Experian

Nottingham East Midlands
Banking/Finance

7.1/10

6.0

Running the Retrospective Data Attachment System.
Checking an input file and applying settings before passing the file against Experian's credit Bureau to collect credit information about the customers whose names and addresses were supplied on the input file. Once all the raw data is collected, creating a summarised customer level file, checking key hitrates and attaching additional credit scores. Then passing a quality signoff report, including these key hitrates and score distributions to my line manager for signoff, followed by the project manager in the client facing teams for further signoff. Finally I dispatch the relevant files to the Business Analyst working on the project.

The work has been incredibly interesting, I've learnt so much about the credit scoring, SAS programming and various other things.

They're all wonderful people who I would call friends, not just colleagues.

Whenever I need help with anything they are there to point me in the right direction.

I am constantly busy with either my BAU tasks or exciting new projects which have allowed me to leave my mark on the role for future placement students

I've been given enough responsibility so that when I do something wrong I've got to correct it myself and make sure that I don't make any further mistakes

I've learnt valuable programming skills for when I return to university and business skills that will help me the rest of my life.

There is always something going on, but when the worls got to be done we all get our heads down and make sure it gets done

When I started the placement student from the previous year was there to train me for my first 2 months, this meant that the rest of the team weren't affected my lack of knowledge. When he left there were 4 other ex-placement students within the team I was working who had returned after graduation. This meant that there was a great support base for me and even when I struggled to grasp certain aspects of my role things still ran smoothly. Now I'm coming to the last 2 months of my placement I will be training the next placement student, and the cycle continues.

When I started I was given all the relevant training and was assisted by other memebers of the team whenever I needed

I would love to go back and work there, I feel I've learnt alot about the company and how things work.

There's one other placement student within the team who I knew previously from university, and whilst I don't have much in common with him, we both socialise with people that we interact regularly at work. We play football weekly at lunchtime, there's a monthly pool tournament and we socialise outside of work frequenly.

Rent is moderate, food is average and drinks aren't massively expensive

It's fine, but I found I spent alot of weekends visiting my friends back in Sheffield

Pool, BBQs