Analyst at Experian

Nottingham East Midlands
Information Technology

6.2/10

Verifying data is correct. Working with different software such as JCL (Job Control Language), SAS and Visual Basic.

I enjoyed the non-work aspects of working at Experian such as playing football twice a week at lunch time with colleagues and playing pool once a month in a tournament.
I generally enjoyed the work I do but I do find it slightly tedious at times and feel I'm just doing the same job over and over. There's not much variety in my role.

I have been asked by colleagues to help out with work and do tasks for them but not as much as I would have liked. Sometimes I feel that I am not as valued as I should be simply because I am a placement student.

I went through many training routines in my first month here and have received a lot of feedback from my supervisor on many different issues.

Monday to Wednesday was usually the busiest time for me, Wednesday being the busiest. Sometimes I had too much work to handle by my self so my supervisor would help out and other times I had so little work to do that I was looking for things to do. Business was more on a weekly basis than daily, some weeks we had lots of work and other weeks we had very little work.

I was responsible for verifying results of data and populating a professional document. Although this was checked by my supervisor as well I was the first protocl for this.

I have developed some very important skills such as communication, presentation, organisation etc.
However, I have not had chance to develop any Mathematical skills whilst working at Experian.

The atmosphere was very lively at times. People were always chatting about various things (sometimes non-work related) whilst still doing their job.

The organisation of this placement was well constructed.

Experian have on numerous occassions hired a student who did their placement with them. So, they have invested in me quite a bit, possibly in the hopes of me coming back.

I am quite confident that I do not want to return to Experian. Although I have enjoyed my time there I feel that a career in Credit services is not the path for me.

I was on my placement with another placement student from my course. Experian usually hire two people at a time. One student runs the DCM (Delphi for Customer Management) process and the other student runs the Retrospective Bureau. I ran the DCM process.

I didn't go out with my colleagues very often because of the distance I lived from work. Another reason why I didn't go out much was to save on money.

I'm not a fan of clubs and such. I'm T-total. But I did attend the pool tournament every month.

There were many opportunities for different things outside of work but they mostly revolved around football. I would have liked if there was an opportunity to do Badminton or Squash.