- Communication with team members in NY, Singapore, Tokyo.
- Work on Knowledge Management Portal Project
- E-mail people regarding project
- Work on group project with intern team
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship has been really enjoyable so far. There are so many opportunities to meet new people and learn new and exciting things. It's an enjoyable, yet challengeding experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Most people are very open and approachable, though very busy. I haven't had a problem talking to senior members of staff if I needed to find out anything, but it's important to be clear and not to waste their time, and then they will be happy to help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You do not get too much support from management as they are very busy. If you need help then they will try and assist but you learn to be independant.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days are very busy and some days are not as busy. Often when you manager is very busy and you finish your work, there is time when you have to wait abit. It's important to use this time effectively to meet people and learn more about the business.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given responsibility to get your work done. You feel like an employee from day one and that is important, but you do get guidance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Some of the skills I have developed have been mainly soft skills in terms of confidence with talking to senior people and how to approach people. These are definitely the most important skills and intern can take from the experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It's a serious working environment but people are friendly and approachable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very few problems with the set up. Information was clear and available and HR were always available to answer any questions.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
1/9 weeks was dedicated to business awareness and presentation skills. Maybe more technical training would have been benefitial.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I hope to get a job offer. I can definitely see myself working for the company after graduating.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Excellent. Made some great friends on the internship that I will keep in touch with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive as we are in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Excellent. The night life is London is very good. So many places to go.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there were sports events such as rugby and football with inters and grads, while I was also able to get to the gym each week.