I work in Compliance and it is part of the infrastructure division.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am really enjoying it as the program gives us a lot of exposures of different areas of the bank - as a LRC intern I was given the chance to sit on the trading floor and is able to learn a lot from colleagues outside of my own division - such as sales and traders - which greatly enriches my knowledge of the bank
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues are all very helpful and friendly and given me a lot of positive feedback about my work
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has given me full support and guidance
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
very busy - sometimes need to eat at the desk
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot - including drafting powerpoint slides, categorizing clients and drafting regulatory summary
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe the program reassure my interests in banking and help me focus on the skills that I would like to develope further to build my career
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very busy on the trading floor
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
very well - there are a number of meet and learn / lunch and learn events specifically organized for interns to provide us a chance to talk to senior people - there are also other cross-divisional events
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot - as mentioned above
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very well - for the gra program each grad will have three rotation including an overseas assignment
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes the whole company is very dynamic and diverse
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is not as pricy as what people thought
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
very well - a lot of bars nearby
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?