Spring Intern at Rothschild & Co

Banking - Investment

9.3/10

The insight week was thoroughly enjoyable; it was stimulating, challenging and a great learning experience.

The analysts and associates were very willing to make themselves available to explain things and chat one-to-one over a coffee.

We had an M&A pitch to make at the end of the placement, and a number of analysts gave help and advice on a several occasions.

We received a comprehensive and in-depth insight into the work and culture at Rothschild, and we also honed our analysis, teamwork and pitching skills.

Very well structured - there was a clear timetable, yet with enough flexibility and spare time to network.

Both the employees and the other interns were open, approachable and generous with their time.

We had case studies, shadowing sessions and networked extensively throughout the placement.

On top of chatting to employees, we had a presentation from the Rothschild archivist about the history of the firm and its core values.

I was reimbursed expenses.