Technology Internship at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Computer Science Information Technology

7.6/10

7.7
7.6

Perform trouble-shooting analysis; provide resolution of application issues, and escalation if required. Perform on-call duties on a rotation basis in support of applications running on UNIX systems, server based applications, and basic system/data infrastructure. Monitor performance of systems and applications to ensure system availability and perform standard preventative maintenance. Understands the Technical Support area as it relates to assigned projects/tasks.

The job was excellent and provided an opportunity to get involved in a fast paced working environment, working on dynamic projects which were actually implemented in a live, production environment.

Everyone was so helpful and willing to give up their time for me.

All of my colleagues were extremely nice. They made a great deal of effort to find out more about me and to get me involved in interesting work.

My day had the perfect balance of work / meetings / learning / socialising

I was kept very busy but I never felt overwhelmed.

The knowledge of the IT industry and in particular the business side of it has done me well with job interviews with other technology and IT companies.

Always fun and interesting and people are always around and happy to help when needed.

Very well my turnaround from application to starting was less than a month

Always training courses being run which you can ask to go on. Only deny you if they feel that it has no benefit to you.

I would be thrilled to work for them full time.

All the other intern students get on well with each other and we therefore are out most weekends with one another.

Fairly expensive to go out in surrey but after making a few good friends it doesn't matter where you go you can have a good time.

The nightlife was very fun. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area.

There were plenty of opportunities to go for drinks and dinner after work. There was also the opportunity to attend a soccer training session.