GFA Spring Insight Programme at Rothschild & Co

Banking - Investment

9.1/10

1 week insight into Rothschild's GFA businesses

Amazing Insight Week & I learned A LOT!

HR was with us at all times, eager to help us with anything we needed help with!

HR was always available; analysts and other contacts we met throughout the week were always available if we wanted to chat to them

Won't be helping me in my studies, BUT the skills I learned definitely prepared me for my other 2 Spring Weeks (& I'm sure they'll help me with a future internship in the industry as well!)

Well structured throughout the day, but once activities ended at 5/6pm, it was really up to us as to when we left the office due to the project we had to work on!

Was with an AMAZING group of spring insight interns!

We had lots of presentations on various aspects of the business – from basic valuation techniques to hostile takeover processes to even how to use Excel & make Powerpoint presentations the Rothschild way (which is completely unique to Rothschild's spring week since other firms don't allow you access to things like this!!)

Definitely had an amazing insight into a career at Rothschild!

Rothschild's uniqueness (in contrast to BBs) was emphasized again & again – definitely a positive!

Really, really useful! The project especially, while tough, was really useful as a way of getting a taste of what you'd be up to as an analyst

Reimbursed travel expenses, given £20 total in vouchers for lunches & £100/night for hotel

1 networking lunch with analysts, 1 afternoon tea with Directors and 2 work shadowing sessions

another networking event with the analysts would've been great!

Networking drinks on day 1 was really great!

Not really mentioned (i.e. no CSR-specific presentation) but I suppose you could ask the analysts during the networking/work shadowing presentations (& to be fair I found the CSR sessions at my other two spring weeks to be quite dull, so I don't think we missed much here at Rothschild!)

Absolutely!