spring insight at Rothschild & Co

london Central London and City
Banking - Investment

9.7/10

Absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way possible, excellent week

It is clear that Rothschild invested heavily in us, in terms of the planning and senior member's time given to us.

Able to speak to anyone if at any point you were unsure of anything.

The project we had to complete for the final day really helped develop new skills for me.

A well thought out and planned timetable was given to us from the onset.

All the other interns and all the Rothschild banker's we met set a very positive atmosphere.

Ranging from IT training, to (brief) valuation skills, to other interesting details such as how to effectively read the FT

We had 2 shadowing sessions where in groups of 2 we spoke to an analyst and saw his recent work; but as ever it is difficult to gain an exact insight in such a short space of time.

Speaking to lots of different people gave me a real idea of how Rothschild and it's values are different.

Really made me set on this industry.

If you lived outside of london you were reimbursed accommodation up to £100 a night.

Welcome drinks on the first night, lunch with grads and tea with directors.

You are given plenty of opportunity to make contacts and network with people working at Rothschild.

Didn't find much information on this personally, other than the gym and such.

Do not underestimate this because of Rothschild's non BB status... It really felt like more of a personal week and I sure did enjoy it more than some of the insight's offered by larger firms.