Engineering intern at Schlumberger

Stonehouse South West
Electronic and Electrical Engineering Electronics Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering

9.2/10

9.4

Electrical engineer working in manufacturing. This involved process improvement, troubleshooting and designing new systems.

Really great experience! I didn't want to go back to uni afterwards.

Despite working on a large team, everyone was really friendly and we all got on well inside and outside of work.

I had a great manager who I could ask about anything I was unsure of and gave me plenty of really interesting projects

There were times when I felt there was a lot of pressure to get work or a project completed, but I think this was actually a very good experience and taught me a lot.

I was given just as much responsibility as any other engineer. My views and opinions were always listened to and appreciated.

This was a great placement and I feel that it has transformed me from an academic to an engineer. I'm sure this will give me a great head start on other graduates when I start my first full time job.

There was a great atmosphere in the office! There were times when we were all under pressure and had to really focus on work but everyone was always very friendly.

The interview process was very well run. I did feel a little bit thrown in at the deep end at the start of the placement, but everyone was always happy to help.

I was given the opportunity to go on plenty of training courses and learn lots of new skills.

I'm currently applying for a second internship with Schlumberger and am hoping to work for them abroad to get a new perspective on the company.

There were other students from my university who were working on the same site. We also made a lot of friends from other universities and other countries.

You generally get what you pay for in this area. Gloucester is very cheap, whilst Cheltenham is a much nicer place to live but more expensive.

The town itself has very little, but it's not too far to go to get to Gloucester or Cheltenham.

The employees club had plenty of events and there were lots of sports clubs. It helps to have your own transport, as these opportunities are not always local.