- Aligning with National Account Managers to deliver agreed point of sale within various grocery and convenience accounts.
- Liaising with external creative and production agencies to deliver point of sale for various brand campaigns.
- Working with the Field Sales Team to ensure point of sale marketing is executed to high standards with maximum visibility of our brands in-store.
- Researching new in-store technologies and ways to shop, such as online and smartphone apps.
- Budget management and invoicing suppliers.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working to strict deadlines.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. It’s a great opportunity to work at leading FMCG on some of the nation’s favourite brands. Shopper Marketing is ideally positioned in between sales and marketing so you get exposure across both business functions.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated like a full-time employee from the offset.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Your objectives are set within your first couple weeks. These are monitored throughout the placement during regular 1-2-1s with your line manager, and also during an annual performance review. Therefore, you are able to monitor progress and discuss any issues you might be having. Management are very supportive and approachable.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Expect to be very busy from day one! Its a small team with lots of ongoing projects, so you must be prepared to get stuck in straight away.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and relaxed. People are busy, but always have time to help and answer questions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of learning and development opportuntiies - the majority on the job, but we were also encouraged to attend external conferences and training sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you impress during your internship and demonstrate the core behaviours, the company is keen to see what opportunities there avaliable.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?