9.1/10

204 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else
  2. It was great being able to erally see how law worked in action, rather than just the theory as studied on the GDL and LPC.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. Was invited to summer party-it was nice to get involved on a social level. We were also invited along to lunches and drinks with trainees which was great.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. Lots of support - I felt that I could ask anything. I had a specifically assigned trainee who answered any questions that I had.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. Seeing how law worked in 'real life' was great - it also helped me to choose my electives as I was more aware of what kind of law I wanted to practice.

10. Very well structured - I had new tasks ebery day, and an overriding task on which I presented at the end of teh week - thus structuring my week towards my presentation.

12. Great, everyone was very helpful and I felt at home immediately.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. The presentation was designed to help me to get to know people around the office, which really helped me when I started my training contract.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. It was very realistic.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. The social nature of the placement really helped me to get to grips with the nature of the firm.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. It secured my knowledge that Shoosmiths was the firm I wanted to work for.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. Paid a wage.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Was always meeting other employees, whether at work or at social events.

26. The summer party was a great way to meet people.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. Lots of charities work.

30. I would definitely recommend this, I had a great week.

Administration/Secretarial, Legal/Law