Marketing Planning Analyst at Nissan UK

Market Research Marketing Sales

Nissan UK is a Top Employer

6.0/10

3.0

Lots of data - reporting about how Nissan is doing compared to competitors or last year each day/week/month and working on how we can build a better market share/volume. Looking at the value of cars. Working towards bringing the company together in terms of orders and sales. Forecasting for the future. Understanding patterns and trends. Breaking down market channels and seeing different strategies.

It was a challenge with some particular jobs and it might not have always been fun but I really enjoyed my team and the office environment.

They were all very welcoming to begin with and I felt very comfortable talking to any of them. in such an open office it's easy to approach anyone and discuss anything. At times I felt valued but I worried that any mistakes I made would make me seem less reliable to others but they all knew I was trying my best and getting used to a new working way. I built up a really strong work relationship with them over time.

My manager was really supportive and put a lot of faith in me. The only thing was that I didn't see him enough - he's a very busy man! But I don't think I can complain about that too much. Felt very lucky to be part of his team.

I was very busy every day with little time for other things as there were lots of requests for me to do. I enjoyed being busy as I wouldn't have wanted to not have enough on. Perhaps it would have been nice to breathe for a little while though!

I was involved in some of the core business practices such as sending out a daily report to the whole company which made me feel very important! I enjoyed being given this responsibility although at times I did feel a little outoof my depth and overwhelmed but that definitely helped to give me confidence.

Having written a monthly log for my university it meant that I recorded all the skills I've developed and it's good to have a look back and think about the personal development with things like time management and confidence (which was something that I definitely needed to work on).

Every knew that there was work to be done but there was still a good level of 'banter' and it was really enjoyable to work with these people. The office had a really positive atmosphere and lots of people socialised outside of work too.

I think it was organised well and as I was taking over from a previous intern I already had a set role etc.

I really like Nissan as a company and I so enjoyed my role with them but we'll have to see what happens in the future - I think I'll definitely apply to the grad scheme but whether it is right for me or not I'll have to see (not sure about doing a 6 monthly rotation as I think I'd like to stay in Marketing after such a fun year).

Some weeks were better than others. Although we had organised a few things I would be keen to do a few more. We all get on really well - 11 of us from Nissan and 12 from Renault (building next door).

cost of living a bit more expensive than a normal university city but nothing extortionate.

I lived at home as this was most convenient for me so I didn't really try out the local nightlife

I was keen to join a gym and play sport and there were plenty of opportunities for these activities.