1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my work placement at Nissan. I have learnt alot and have gained skills that I will take forward with me. I have also been given many opportunities and had many new experieinces on top of my day to day roles.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The office is a friendly enviroment and I felt that I was valued by my colleagues and my work was appreciated and put to good use.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had contact with my line manager on a daily basis. I feel as thought I could ask questions and be supported in the work that I was doing at all times
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like any job my work load would varry from week to week. However I would say that I was given the right balance of work to be completed through out my placment, either focusing on specific projects during busy period or being given new projects when my work load had slowed down.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During my placment I was given a lot of responsibility. I had my own jobs that where to be completed on a daily basis as well as additional projects in which I was expected to go away complete, feeding information back to the team as and when needed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt and developed various key skills during my time at Nissan which I will carry forward when I go back to university and later on in life. This ranges from such as time management, developing an eye for detail, computer skills to organising different activities.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The majority of the building is open plan enabling a friendly enviroment in which you can get to know others. My office was friendly and always ready to help me when I asked for it.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall work placement was organised really well from the day we arrived with an induction to the company and a handover period with the current work place studets, to various catch ups through out the year on our performance and thoughts.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in the immediate surrounding area of Nissan (Rickmansworth) is slightly expensive. However if you are willing to travel further out by 20-25 minutes it is cheaper.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are various options around in regards to night life with both London and Watford on your doorstep.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?